- Determine goal: audience reach or customer engagement?—Always step one. You can combine them into the same campaign, but if you don’t know what you’re trying to accomplish, how will you know if you succeed?
- Match brands with the right audience—Know where your market is. If they’re not using mobile web, then why should you? And yes, the mobile audience does skew younger.
- Mobile application differences—Know the difference between text messaging, the mobile web and mobile video.
- Match campaigns to available infrastructure and inventory—Is your site mobile ready?
- Capitalize on mobile’s peer-to-peer communication abilities—That’s what cell phones were invented for, right? Give your audience the opporunity to share with a friend.
- Integrate mobile with online and offline marketing—Hadl says a lot of mobile users find out about mobile campaigns from other media, especially television.
So, posting with Tumblr Bot via AIM is also possible.
Apparently users can’t post images with Dashboard Widget. It would be great if dragging photo to widget would allow to post image to web.
Mac OS X Dashboard Widget of Tumblr feels nice to use. This is first test of using it to post content to service.